is JTA's former associate editor.
November 20, 2015 6:50am
Avrohom Goldstein, Ariel Potash and Sholom Schuchat are the latest conspirators sentenced to jail time for participating in a scheme to force Jewish men to grant their wives religious divorces.
November 20, 2015 6:37am
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu welcomes Pollard’s release and wishes him “joy and peace.”
November 19, 2015 3:26pm
Ezra Schwartz, from Sharon, was one of three people killed in a shooting near the settlement of Alon Shvut.
November 16, 2015 3:27pm
A 2009 JTA ranking of the top Jewish Twitter users helped lead Megan Phelps-Roper away from Westboro Baptist Church.
June 28, 2015 9:16pm
Rabbi Shmuley Boteach says that the American government should be involved in sanctioning any marriages — gay or straight.
June 19, 2015 3:25pm
A new U.S. government report, just weeks before a deadline for a nuclear accord with the Iran, says the Islamic Republic attempted to smuggle weapons into Gaza.
May 13, 2015 7:45pm
The daughter of former Michigan State Senator Gilda Jacobs and the mother of a 2-year-old, Jacobs was killed aboard the Amtrak train that derailed Tuesday in Philadelphia.
May 5, 2015 8:34pm
Etan Mintz, the rabbi of Baltimore’s oldest continually active synagogue, writes of a renewed sense interfaith commitment to bring city residents together and work toward systemic change.
April 7, 2015 10:58am
Is the nuclear deal with Iran the West’s “best bet” to thwart Tehran’s nuclear weapons ambitions, or is it a dangerous mistake that would give Iran a “free path” to the bomb?
April 5, 2015 7:31pm
In his most detailed defense yet of the framework accord reached with Iran, the president promised to defend Israel and insisted that the deal was the “best bet” to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Jerusalem and Tel Aviv among world’s top 40 cities, travel magazine readers say
- Bar Refaeli’s post-birth figure wows world media
- Frustrated with Trump, Sheldon Adelson said to focus on Senate
- Curt Schilling asks CNN’s Jake Tapper why Jews back Democrats
- Jewish plus-size model shocks German viewers with anorexia photos
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Republicans deny downsizing Trump event in Jerusalem
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary