is JTA's copy editor. Prior to joining JTA in 2006, he served 15 years as the assistant managing editor at The New York Jewish Week. He also has worked as a reporter and editor in news and sports for daily and weekly newspapers in New Jersey.
April 17, 2014 2:29pm
Hundreds gathered at a suburban Kansas City JCC for an interfaith memorial service for the victims of shootings there and at a nearby Jewish retirement home.
March 16, 2014 10:53pm
For the two Jewish coaches, elation and disappointment as bids are handed out for the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament.
March 16, 2014 4:18pm
David Brenner, a longtime standup comedian whose observational humor is credited with inspiring many top comics, has died.
February 23, 2014 12:58pm
Jonathan Halpert, whose contract as the men’s basketball coach at Yeshiva University was not renewed, closed out more than four decades on the Maccabees’ bench with a victory.
November 21, 2013 11:58am
Detroit acquires second baseman Ian Kinsler, who joins the A.L. club’s new Jewish manager, Brad Ausmus.
November 3, 2013 4:10pm
Brad Ausmus, who managed the Israeli national team’s bid for the World Baseball Classic, will be named manager of the Detroit Tigers.
July 10, 2013 5:05pm
Jewish basketball fans will have their eyes on Texas when the NBA starts its new season this fall. Israelis Omri Casspi and Gal Mekel are signing on with teams in the Lone Star State.
March 21, 2013 8:28pm
Relatives of a murdered Brooklyn rabbi reportedly are shocked after the convicted killer was freed following a new probe of the case cast doubt on the evidence.
March 4, 2013 9:37pm
Ryan Harris, a junior at suburban Cleveland’s Beachwood High School, won an Ohio state wrestling championship.
February 27, 2013 4:19pm
Beren Academy, which made international headlines last year with its battle to avoid a forfeit in the Texas state boys’ basketball tournament over a Sabbath scheduling conflict, is back in the state semifinals.
- Three Italian brothers try to find the cave they lived in during the Holocaust
- Israeli terror victims named; Abbas calls for Palestinian ‘victory’
- Secular young Jews come here for drinks, socializing — and Torah learning
- Sean Spicer resigns: The press secretary’s most memorable Jewish moments
- Chechnya’s Jewish community doesn’t exist — but it’s angry at Israel
- Shuttered Bronx synagogue becomes a dumping ground
- Sephardi heritage center honors Spanish politician who said Israel massacres children
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence
- HIAS ‘glad’ Supreme Court upholds decision to add grandparents, grandchildren to family defintion
- Thousands attend funeral of three members of one family killed in Palestinian stabbing attack
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors