is JTA's copy editor. Prior to joining JTA in 2006, he served 15 years as the assistant managing editor at The New York Jewish Week. He also has worked as a reporter and editor in news and sports for daily and weekly newspapers in New Jersey.
March 16, 2014 4:18pm
David Brenner, a longtime standup comedian whose observational humor is credited with inspiring many top comics, has died.
February 23, 2014 12:58pm
Jonathan Halpert, whose contract as the men’s basketball coach at Yeshiva University was not renewed, closed out more than four decades on the Maccabees’ bench with a victory.
November 21, 2013 11:58am
Detroit acquires second baseman Ian Kinsler, who joins the A.L. club’s new Jewish manager, Brad Ausmus.
November 3, 2013 4:10pm
Brad Ausmus, who managed the Israeli national team’s bid for the World Baseball Classic, will be named manager of the Detroit Tigers.
July 10, 2013 5:05pm
Jewish basketball fans will have their eyes on Texas when the NBA starts its new season this fall. Israelis Omri Casspi and Gal Mekel are signing on with teams in the Lone Star State.
March 21, 2013 8:28pm
Relatives of a murdered Brooklyn rabbi reportedly are shocked after the convicted killer was freed following a new probe of the case cast doubt on the evidence.
March 4, 2013 9:37pm
Ryan Harris, a junior at suburban Cleveland’s Beachwood High School, won an Ohio state wrestling championship.
February 27, 2013 4:19pm
Beren Academy, which made international headlines last year with its battle to avoid a forfeit in the Texas state boys’ basketball tournament over a Sabbath scheduling conflict, is back in the state semifinals.
February 24, 2013 9:23pm
Omri Casspi, the first Israeli to play in the NBA, had an appendectomy.
February 10, 2013 10:24pm
Howie Lassoff, who helped lead Maccabi Tel Aviv to six league titles and won Maccabiah gold with the U.S. squad, has died.
- Amar’e Stoudemire’s son, barred from Israeli youth basketball, invited to try baseball
- Saban says Keith Ellison’s DNC win would bring ‘disaster’ to relationship between Jews and Dems
- Jenna Jameson fires back at David Duke claim that Jews dominate porn
- ‘Alt-right’ leader Richard Spencer: ‘Heil Trump’ at supremacist event was fun, exuberance
- Brooklyn mother who lost 7 children in house fire plans to build family center on site
- NYPD sees ‘huge spike’ in hate crimes post-election — Jews targeted most
- ‘Birthright for moms’ resonates with world’s small Jewish communities
- Swiss court overturns hate-incitement conviction for Jewish musician’s Facebook remarks
- Christian-funded philanthropy claims a fifth of Jewish immigration in ’16, irking main aliyah body
- Poll: Donald Trump will be ‘pro-Israel president,’ most Israelis believe
- Trump’s defense chief pick said Israel can be a pain, but few in pro-Israel camp seem to care. Why?